Location: Chapman's Dam
Date: January 18th, 2020
Time: 10 am
Registration Fee: $0
** Please see rule updates below as of 01/10/2020
- Registration for the tournament will be from 9 am to 10 am the day of. No registrations will be accepted after 10 am.
- The tournament shall occur between the hours of 10 am and 2 pm.
- All contestants must return to the registration station by 2 pm to be weighed and measured.
- If there is no ice on the lake the tournament will still be held as a bank fishing tournament.
- There is no registration fee for this tournament, it is for fun.
- Contestants may not fish the lake within 24 hours of the tournament start time.
- Contestants may be on the ice after 8:30 am the morning of the tournament. During this time, he/she may choose their location, drill their holes, and use a line with a weight on it to determine water depth before the tournament begins. Any contestants caught by a tournament official with a baited line or lure in the water before 10 am will be disqualified.
- Participants less than 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or adult with written parental permission. (Written parental permission must be provided to event staff prior to the start of the event) Participants under the age of 18 years may not fish alone in the Event.
- There will be 3 different age divisions.
- Youth – ages 0-12
- Teen – ages 13-18
- Adult – ages 19+
- Contestants 16 years of age or older must possess a valid Pennsylvania Fishing License with a Trout Stamp.
- Contestants must abide by all PFBC regulations.
- Prizes will be awarded in each division for total length of all fish turned in and for biggest fish by length.
- In the case of a tie the winner will be determined by the greatest weight of fish.
- The only species to be turned in may be trout, all other species must be immediately released unharmed.
- Minimum length is 7 inches (17.8 cm)
- A contestant may turn in a limit of up to 3 fish.
- Once a contestant has reached a limit of 3 fish, they must report to the registration area to have their catch measured and weighed.
- All fish must be measured or weighed by a tournament official to be considered.
- Contestants must provide a bucket or some other vessel to hold their fish. Fish covered in snow from laying on the ice will be disqualified.
- Contestants may have no more than one hook or lure on their line.
- Only one line is allowed per hole.
- Contestants are responsible for drilling their own holes.
- Contestants are only allowed to fish one hole at a time. They may choose to move and drill a new hole at any time, but their line must be removed from their previous hole before fishing their new location.
- Contestants may fish in pairs but must maintain a minimum distance of 20 feet between other contestants or pairs.
- No fishing huts, shelters, shanties, tents, or other structures are allowed.
- Contestants are responsible for their own safety, actions, and property at all times.
- Heaters, depth finders, underwater cameras, or other fish finding electronics are not allowed.
- All contestants and other spectators hereby consent to the use of any names, photographs or likenesses of themselves to be used in the promotion of our contest, including but not limited to print, radio, television, or any other media.
- Any contestant found in violation of any of these rules will be disqualified and asked to leave the lake by a tournament official.